See the breathtaking Atlas plains spreading out under your feet as you ascend into the sky and see the sun creeping above the horizon, casting beautiful colours over the desert below.
The cool, serene morning ambience adds to your experience as you appreciate the incredible views as only birds can. Rising early for a sunrise flight means you get incredible panoramic views as you watch the sun wake for the day and float along the air currents to wherever they take you.
MARRAKECH HOT AIR BALLOONING FLIGHT HIGHLIGHTS :
- Marrakech hot air balloon flight in front of the Atlas Mountains
- Round trip transfers from Marrakech hotels and riads by 4 x 4 vehicle
- Croissants and coffee while the balloon is inflated
- A full traditional breakfast in a Berber tent with views across the High Atlas Mountains
- Camel ride in the Palmeraie of Marrakech
- Services of an experienced, qualified pilot
- 4 x 4 excursion through the local berber villages
In order to take advantage of the best part of the day, you will be collected from your Marrakech hotel or Riad in the early morning, just before sunset (usually between 5.30 and 6.30am) and driven to the launch site about 30 km to the west of Marrakech. The Marrakech hot air balloon is prepared and inflated (you may take part if you wish!) and then you gently float into the early morning sky.
The pilot will then use his local knowledge of the area and prevailing wind currents to steer an approximate one hour course over the stunning desert landscape. As your gondola rises slowly and majestically towards the heavens, the unfolding views run for miles and miles framed by the awesome Western High Atlas Mountains to the South. See oases and secluded Berber villages, the terraced irrigated fields of the Oueds Tinsift and Nfis of the Al Hawuz Plain. Once you are back on the ground, enjoy a traditional breakfast in a tent in the front of the Atlas Mountains including a glass or two of mint tea, some Moroccan pastries or fresh bread dipped in Olive Oil. After breakfast, your adventure continues as you head to the famous Palmeraie of Marrakech for a short camel ride.
La Palmeraie is a true oasis with a hundred thousand trees providing shade from the hot African sun and a camel ride is a great way to experience the natural beauty of the area.
INCLUDED IN HOT AIR BALLOONING TOUR
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned 4x4
- Berber breakfast in 'caidal' tent
NOT INCLUDED IN HOT AIR BALLOONING FLIGHT
- Food and drinks, unless specified