Explore the beautiful seaside town on a full day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech. Visit the traditional port, breathtaking beach, and magnificent medina to buy local craft work. Stroll along the historic ramparts and step back in time.
MARRAKECH TO ESSAOUIRA DAY TRIP HIGHLIGHTS :
- Full-day tour to the charming city of Essaouira from Marrakech
- Stop along the way to admire UNESCO-listed Argan trees
- Take a guided tour of Essaouira’s enchanting historical district
- Learn about the city’s rich heritage
- Spend some relaxed free time enjoying the coastal splendour of Essaouira Beach
- Relish the convenience of round-trip transportation from your Marrakech hotel
From Marrakech, it is a leisurely drive to the Atlantic Coast and the former Portuguese stronghold of Essaouira. One day excursion to Essaouira coastal town (approx 2, 30 h driving from Marrakech) providing an excellent opportunity to relax on the beach. The Medina of Essaouira is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage site.
The city combines history and culture with modern cafes and restaurants. Essaouira has a long promenade with a large sandy beach. It is safe to swim here, though, as usual, parents should accompany their children in the water. There are many activities taking place on the beach – local boys are playing football, families are enjoying the beach and camel owners providing camel rides along the coastline. This is a perfect opportunity to get away from the city rush and enjoy the cooler climate of the coastal town of Essaouira.
The tour starts at 8:00 hrs from Marrakech and returns back to Marrakech at ~ 18:00 hrs. On the way to Essaouira, there is an opportunity to stop for a visit in Argan Oil Women Cooperative. During the excursion, you will also be able to see the surrounding countryside.
INCLUDED IN ESSAOUIRA DAY TRIP :
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
NOT INCLUDED IN ESSAOUIRA DAY TOUR :