Experience three of the Atlas Mountains’ beautiful valleys and traditional Berber life on this full-day trip from Marrakech. Travelling into the mountains by 4×4 or minivan, discover the lush Ourika Valley with its idyllic waterfalls, the timeless villages of the Oukaimeden Valley, and the orchards of the Asni Valley. Drive spectacular mountain roads and enjoy lunch at a restaurant, or, if you wish, in a Berber family home.
– Admire the many waterfalls in Ourika Valley and see native women extract Argan oil
– See traditional Berber villages in Oukaimeden Valley
– take the opportunity to dine with a local family
– Pass acres of almond, peach and walnut trees in Asni Valley
– Extend your adventure with a visit to idyllic Takerkoust Lake and the distinctive Kik Plateau.
3 VALLEYS DAY TRIP FROM MARRAKECH HIGHLIGHTS :
- Private, full-day tour of the Atlas Mountains and Three Valleys
- Travel up to the Atlas Mountains, and go on a camel ride
- Stop in Imlil Valley for a cup of tea and a piece of cake
- Choose to drive, walk, or ride a mule to the Ait Souka Village, and enjoy a traditional Berber lunch
- Visit the home of a Berber family to learn more about their everyday lifestyle
- Explore Moulay Brahim near the Asni Valley Hotel pickup and drop-off is included
Departure from Marrakech to the Atlas Mountains in the company of an experienced guide, heading the first Ourika valley about 1 hour drive from Marrakech, famous by its waterfalls (if you want to visit this waterfalls you have to walk for about 1h:20 min for going and coming back with a mountain guide), you will enjoy different landscapes and get spectacular views as far as the eye can see, this is also where you will visit the Berber women extracting the Argan oil (the unique Moroccan oil)
you will continue through the second valley that is Oukaimeden valley, and taking a secluded mountain road route standing at 1800 meters above sea level, you will pass through traditional Berber villages built from adobe and stones, and if you want to discover the authentic life of Berber people we can arrange a delicious lunch for you in a typical Berber house.
After that you will reach the third Asni valley, famous by its fruit trees (Apples, walnut, almonds, peaches...), this is where you can enjoy the sight of the snowy summits of the High Atlas Mountains, then you will cross the Kik plateau and get to the Takerkoust lake used as reservoir of the Atlas mountains water and also generate the hydraulic power. The thrilling tour concludes with a drive back to Marrakech in the evening…
INCLUDED IN 3 VALLEYS DAY TRIPS FROM MARRAKECH :
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
NOT INCLUDED IN MARRAKECH 3 VALLEYS DAY TRIP